- 1/2 kilo squid
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspooon salt
- 1/2 teaspooon sugar
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Clean the squid by removing membranes eyes and stomach.
- Wash the squid.
- Heat up water and add squid,vinegar, pepper, salt and garlic. Bring this to a boil.
- Do this until squid becomes tender.
- Separate the garlic.
- Use another pan to saute the garlic until brown.
- Add squid to this new pan together with onion, tomatoes, sugar and some sauce from the other pan.
- Simmer until some of the sauce is reduced but keep in mind that the squid should be served partially immersed in sauce.