- 1 pound fresh red snapper fillets
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 large tomato, cored, seeded, diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 bunches cilantro leaves, roughly chopped, about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup bottled clam juice
- 2 serrano chiles, stemmed, thinly sliced into circles
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Cut red snapper into 1/2-inch cubes and place in glass or ceramic dish.
- Toss with 1/2 cup of lime juice. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard lime juice.
- Transfer fish to medium bowl.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, tomato, onion, cilantro, clam juice, chiles, and salt. Chill at least an hour, or up to 1 day, for flavors to blend.
- Serve in tall chilled goblets with spears of romaine lettuce and/or tortilla chips, or in soup bowls lined with the lettuce leaves.