- 1 broiler chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- hot cooked spaghetti
- Season the chicken with pepper.
- Heat some olive oil and cook the chicken until browned. Remove chicken.
- To the same skillet, add onion, celery, and garlic; sauté until tender and onion is lightly browned.
- Stir in ketchup, water, parsley, bay leaf, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and red wine.
- Add chicken to the skillet. Simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, or until chicken cacciatore is tender. Serve.