- 3/4 pounds chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons sake (rice wine)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Poke chicken using a fork to allow more flavor to penetrate.
- Mix sake, soy sauce, mirin and sugar in a bowl to create marinade.
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat some oil in pan and fry chicken in medium heat until browned.
- Pour the marinade into the pan.
- Cover and simmer until the marinade thickens to a sauce.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. Slice and pour sauce over the chicken. Serve.