- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 9 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot, bring the water and rice to a boil.
- When the rice is boiling, turn the heat down to medium low. Place the lid on the pot, tilting it to allow steam to escape
- (the same as you would do when making cooked rice.
- Cook on medium low to low heat, stirring occasionally, until the rice has the thick, creamy texture of porridge (1 - 1 1/4 hours).
- Add the salt, taste and add seasonings if desired.
- Serve with garnishes such as crushed peanuts if desired.