- 1 pound backfin Blue crab meat or other lump crab meat
- 8 saltine crackers
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Carefully check the crab meat for any cartilage.
- Put meat in a bowl and set it aside.
- Crush the saltine crackers very fine and mix with all the other ingredients. Gently fold in the crab.
- Only mix enough to combine ingredients. You don't want to break up the crab into fine shreds.
- Shape into 6 crab cakes, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Sauté until golden brown on each side. This will only take about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Garnish with tartar sauce, remoulade, or simply with a squeeze of lemon.