- 8 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar for caramel
- Combine egg yolks and sugar. Mix until thick.
- Add cream and vanilla to the mix. Strain the mixture to remove lumps.
- Also, remove any foam or bubbles with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture into 6 ramekins.
- Get a pan and put some hot water in it. Put the ramekins in the pan. The level of the water should be half the height of the ramekins.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Put pan in and bake for an hour. What you want is a stiffening of the mixture along the edges of the ramekin while the center remains comparativly soft.
- After baking let the mixture cool for about an hour.
- Sprinkle sugar on top and caramelize with a torch or put under an oven grill.
- Refrigerate then serve. Your Creme Brulee is now ready to serve!