- 1 1/2 cup Japanese rice
- 1 2/3 cup water
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 6 abura-age (fried tofu)
- 1 cup dashi soup stock
- 2 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Start cooking rice. Put aburaage into boiling water for a moment to remove the excess oil. Drain and dry with paper towels. Cut the aburaage in halves so that each piece has an open end.
- Put dashi soup stock, sugar, mirin, and soy sauce in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add aburaage in the pan and lower the heat.
- Put a lid and simmer until the liquid is alomost gone.
- Stop the heat and let them cool for a while.
- Prepare sushi rice.
- Mix sesame seeds in the sushi rice.
- Wet your hands and make small mounds of sushi rice.
- Take a piece of aburaage and lightly press to remove the excess liquid.
- Open the pouch and stuff a mound of sushi rice inside.
- Fold in the open side to close the pouch.