- 1/2 lb gobo (burdock root)
- 1/4 lb carrot
- 1 tbsp soysauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp mirin
- 1/2 tbsp sake
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsps vegetable oil
- Lightly shave the gobo skin and shred gobo into very thin strips.
- Soak the gobo strips in water for a while and drain well.
- Peel the carrot and cut it into short and thin strips.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan, and fry gobo strips for a couple minutes.
- Add carrot strips in the pan and stir-fry them.
- Add all seasonings in the pan and stir-fry well.
- Turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds.