- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- salt pepper to season
- vegetable oil for frying
- flour and panko (breadcrumb) for coating
- Peel and cut potatoes into medium chunks.
- Boil potatoes until soften.
- Drain and mash potatoes while they are hot.
- Saute onion and beef in a medium skillet.
- Mix mashed potatoes and onion and beef in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and let it cool.
- Make flat and oval-shaped patties.
- Coat each piece with flour.
- Dip in beaten egg, and coat with panko at last.
- Fry in 350 F oil until brown.