- 6 oz thinly sliced beef or pork loin, cut into about 2 inch lengths
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 lb carrot, peeled and cut into bite size chunks
- 1/2 package shirataki noodles, cut into 3 inch lengths
- 2 cup dashi soup
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil in a deep pot and saute the meat on high heat until it changes color.
- Add onion, carrot, potato, and shirataki in the pot and saute together.
- Pour dashi soup stock and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to medium and skim off any foam or impurities that rise to the surface.
- Add sugar, mirin, and soy sauce and put a drop-lid.
- Simmer until vegetables are softened and the liquid are almost gone.