- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/3 cups oyster liquor
- 3 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups small oysters, cleaned and shucked
- 1 cup half and half
- In a large saucepan, sauté vegetables in butter until tender.
- Add to a blender along with water and oyster liquor and puree until smooth.
- Return puree to the pan and bring to a simmer. Add oysters and half and half; cook for 3-5 minutes, until the oysters have cooked through (they will puff a bit).
- Serve hot.