- 6 Cups Chicken Broth, Heated
- 6 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter (2 Tbsp Removed To Finish The Dish)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Cups Arborio Rice
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat the 4 tablespoons of butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add the rice and stir until it is well coated with the butter.
- Add the white wine, and stir continually over medium heat until it is absorbed.
- Start to add 1/2 cup of hot broth, stirring as it is absorbed.
- Continue in this manner, adding ladles full of hot broth, and stirring continuously for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked, but remains slightly firm to the teeth.
- Remove from the heat, add the remaining butter and the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve, offering additional cheese if desired.