- 6 large tomatoes, seeds removed
- 1/2 an onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 habanero chile, fresh, seeded
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup small sweet peppers (or substitute red bell pepper) seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- juice from one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- optional garnish- lime wedge and sprig of cilantro
- In a food processor, add in the flesh from the tomatoes, the onion chunks, habaneros, garlic, cilantro, peppers, oil, lime juice and salt.
- Process until everything is well combined. Do not process until smooth.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a sprig of cilantro.