- 1 kl. recado cut chicken
- 1 cup tamarind baby leaves
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 thumb sized sliced ginger
- 1 cup fresh unriped tamarind fruit
- 2 pcs. green local pepper (siling haba)
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 3 cups water
- salt or fish sauce to taste
- Put cooking oil in a skillet.
- Add ginger, garlic and onion.
- Add chicken and put a tsp. of fish sauce then let it simmer for about five minutes or until chicken becomes oily.
- Add tamarind fruit, after 2 minutes get it out from the pot and put it in a bowl and pressed until juices comes out and add the juice of tamarind in the chicken.
- Add 3 cups of water, let it simmer until chicken becomes tender.
- Put some salt or fish sauce to taste and add the siling haba and the chopped tamarind leaves, simmer until all ingredients are completely cooked.