- 1 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cayenne to taste
- Heat some oil in a pan and cook the onions till they become tender.
- Add the ground beef, cook and stir until the beef begins to brown.
- Add the garlic and bell pepper, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a cup of water to the mix. Stir. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any brown bits.
- Simmer for a minute.
- Add ketchup, brown sugar and mustard.
- Put another cup of water in. Stir.
- Add salt and pepper and season to taste with Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer until water has evaporated but watch that the mixture does not become too dry.
- Serve the mix in between hamburger buns or rolls.