- 10 large Pickled jalapenos
- 10 Pieces Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 egg whites (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons Cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- oil for deep-frying
- Cut open the sides of the peppers and scrape out the seeds.
- Stuff with pieces of pepper jack cheese cut to fit the individual peppers.
- Dip peppers in the egg wash and then into a mixture of half cornmeal and half flour.
- Repeat, and allow them to dry for about 15 minutes.
- Deep fry in hot oil until the peppers are lightly browned and the cheese is just melting.
- Drain on absorbent paper, and serve.