- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup ground beef
- 1/4 cup cheddar
- 2 small corn tortillas or 1 large corn tortilla
- 2 white onions, diced
- 1/2 tablespoons oil, most of it for frying tortillas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Cooking Instructions (total time : 15 minutes)
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper and saute in a pan till browned.
- In a large bowl combine 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice and half a teaspoon of salt.
- Add in lettuce and toss to coat.
- Arrange the lettuce on the bottom of the bowl this will be the foundation of the salad.
- Put the oil in a pan in high heat. Wait for it to get so hot that a tortilla crumb floats on top when dropped in.
- Immerse the tortilla in the oil for one minute. Drain place in paper towels to blot out excess oil. Flavor with salt.
- Take the crunchy tortillas and crumble. Sprinkle the tortilla crumble on top of the lettuce.
- Add the ground beef on top of the tortilla.
- Add in the cheddar cheese, tomatoes and onions then serve.
- You can use your favorite dressing on the salad.