- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted green chili, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for frying
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped fine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups enchilada chicken
- 12 tortillas, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Chopped cilantro leaves, as needed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the corn tortillas until they become crispy.
- Crush the tortillas and distribute among 8 bowls. Fill a third of each bowl then set aside.
- Heat some oil in a large pot and saute vegetables and chili until vegetables become tender.
- Add garlic and cumin and the broth. Bring to boil.
- Add chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put the cornstarch in a bowl and mix it with water till it becomes a paste.
- Add this cornstarch paste to the broth which should thicken the broth a bit.
- Ladle the soup on top of the tortillas in the bowl and serve.