- 4 veal cutlets
- 4 thin cheese slices (parmigiano or cheddar)
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) toasted breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Centrigrade).
- Trim the fat from the meat and then pound the meat to prevent it from contracting when cooked.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs and dip the meat in eggs coating both sides.
- Take the egg-coated meat and press it to the breadcrumbs; be sure to coat both sides.
- Fry the breaded cutlets in butter.
- Put the pan in a baking dish and put a slice of proscuitto and a slice of cheese on top.
- Bake until the cheese melts.
- Heat the tomato sauce and ladle the sauce over the cutlets before serving.