- 2 pounds (1 kilogram) veal, cubed
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) dried cloves
- parsley to taste
- thyme to taste
- bayleaf to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Ingredients for the sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) flour
- Rub the veal meat with the lemon to preserve its color
- Peel the onion and push the dried cloves all around the onion layers to make clove-studded onion.
- Fill a deep pan with cold water and put in the veal, carrot, potato, and the clove studded onion.
- Bring the water to a boil then simmer.
- While the stew simmers add parsley, thyme, bayleaf, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for an hour.
- Get 2 cups (1/2 liter) of veal stock from the pan and set aside for the sauce
- Drain the meat, carrot and potato and put on a plate. Discard the studded onion and the rest of the stock except for the 2 cups you've set aside.
- You may use the same pan to mix the butter and the flour. Melt in medium heat then add the 2 cups of veal stock. Cook until hot then pour the sauce over the meat and vegetables on the plate. Serve.