- 3 1/2 pounds spareribs
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
Ingredients for Marinade
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- If using pork butt, cut into 3/4-inch lengthwise strips, trimming off part of the fat.
- For the spareribs, leave in big flat pieces and cut into individual ribs after cooking.
- Place the pork butt or spareribs in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the marinade ingredients.
- Add the mixture to the meat and marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for 2 hours.
- Turn occasionally to make sure the meat is completely coated.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line 1 or 2 cookie sheets with aluminum foil.
- Place a rack on the cookie sheet and place the pork on the rack.
- Roast the pork for 30 minutes.
- Brush with the honey and water mixture, turn over and brush the other side, and then roast for another 25 - 30 minutes, or until the ribs just begin shrinking and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove and cool briefly before serving.