- 1/2 pound fresh spinach
- 1/2 pound Chinese noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tsp cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Wash the spinach and remove any tough stems.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a biol, add the spinach, and cook 1 minute.
- Drain, squeeze out the excess moisture, and chop coarsely; reserve.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.
- Stir in the noodles and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain, toss with sesame oil, and set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the broth in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a wok. break the eggs, one at a time, into a large spoon, and slip them into the water.
- Reduce heat to simmer and poach for 2 minutes.
- While the eggs are poaching, divide the noodles among six soup bowls.
- Place a portion of the spinach on top of each, then a poached egg.
- Ladle hot broth into the bowls, sprinkle with chives, and serve immediately.