- 1 medium shrimp
- 1/2 inch carrot, sliced into small rounds
- 3/4 oz chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon sake
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon dashi-no-moto
- 1/4 tablespoon sake
- 1/4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Blanch prawns and set aside.
- Cut the carrot slices small round shapes
- Blanch carrot in water/salt mix and drain.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and marinate in sake and soy sauce for 15 minutes.
- Mix egg, water, dashi-no-moto, sake, soy sauce and salt. Strain into a bowl
- Bring a steamer to boil and then set the heat to very low.
- Put the chicken, mushrooms, prawns and carrots into a ramekin.
- Pour the egg mixture into the ramekins.
- Cover the ramekin with aluminum foil.
- Steam on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Insert a tooth pick into the egg and if it comes out clear, it’s done.