- 16 chicken feet
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 large thin slices fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 dried hot chilis, crushed
- 1 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 star anise bud
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup scallion cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup salt
- Rub chicken feet salt and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Rinse chicken feet in cold water.
- Add water to a pot and 1 tablespoon of salt for every 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil
- Add chicken feet to boiling salt water.
- Remove after five minutes. Drain.
- Cook the chicken in a pan until browned
- Add the sake, quarter cup water, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, chili, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, anise bud, and cinnamon seed.
- Mix and cook until liquid has been reduced.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.