- 200g dark chocolate
- 70g butter
- 40g sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Boil water in a pan.
- Place chocolate and butter in heat proof container and place the container on top of the boiling water. Wait for the chocolate and butter to melt then remove from the heat.
- Add the vanilla beans or extract to the mix. Stir and blend.
- Allow the mix to cool. Set aside.
- Whip the cream and add sugar. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs and add the chocolate-butter mix.
- Then add the whipped cream mix. Stir and blend.
- Pour the mix into a pan or mold or individual containers.
- Chill for an hour before serving. Your Chocolate Mousse is now ready to serve!