- 1 pound Japanese soba noodles
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 3 Ribs celery, sliced
- 3 Green onions, sliced
- 2 tb vegetable oil
- 2 tb oriental sesame oil
- 2 tb red wine vinegar
- 2 tb plus 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tb plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tb plus 2 teaspoons Vietnamese chili paste
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions.
- Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Toss noodles in a large bowl with bell pepper, celery and green onions.
- To prepare the dressing: Combine vegetable oil, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and chili paste. Pour over noodle mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Chill and serve.