Egg Drop Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 -2 green onions, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Salt to taste
- A few drops of sesame oil (optional)
- In a wok or saucepan, bring the 4 cups of chicken broth to a boil.
- Add the white pepper and salt, and the sesame oil if using.
- Cook for about another minute.
- Very slowly pour in the eggs in a steady stream.
- To make shreds, stir the egg rapidly in a clockwise direction for one minute.
- To make thin streams or ribbons, gently stir the eggs in a clockwise direction until they form.
- Garnish with green onion and serve.