- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 rashes bacon
- 1 English muffins
- 1 cup water
Ingredients for the Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 lemon, extract the juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Make the Hollandaise sauce. Melt the butter and set aside.
- Combine the egg yolks and the water.
- Heat up the egg yolk and water combination till it thickens.
- Add the melted butter to the the mix.
- Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put together the Eggs Benedict.Heat the water in a pan adding a teaspoon of vinegar.
- While the water simmers add the egg. Cook till the egg whites are firm.
- Remove the eggs and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in butter.
- Split the English muffin and toast
- Place the toasted muffin on a plate
- Top the muffin halves with bacon
- Place the eggs on top of the bacon
- Pour the Hollandaise sauce over the dish and serve.