- 1 egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Write fortunes on little strips of paper.
- Mix the egg white, vanilla, flour, salt, and sugar for the batter.
- Blend smooth.
- Scoop out the batter with a spoon and put on a greased cookie sheet.
- Create small pancake like shapes 3 inches across spaced out in the cookiesheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake batter until edges are browned.
- Remove from the oven and while the batter is still hot transfer them to a hot surface and put the fortune paper in the middle then fold the batter in half, hiding the fortune.
- While still warm press the folded edges together to seal the cookie. One way is to put the folded edges on the lip of a cup and press them down using the cup lips as a mold.
- After this let the cookie harden.