- 3 1/2 cup steamed Japanese rice
- 4 pieces tonkatsu
- 1 onion
- 1 1/4 cup dashi soup stock
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 eggs
- Slice each tonkatsu into about 1 inch-wide pieces.
- Slice onion thinly.
- Put dashi soup stock in a pan and heat on medium heat.
- Add soy sauce, mirin, and sugar in the soup.
- Add onion to the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
- Put tonkatsu pieces in the pan and simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then pour the eggs over tonkatsu and onion.
- Turn the heat down to low and put on a lid.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve steamed rice in four deep bowls, then place the simmered tonkatsu on top of the rice.