- 20 pieces of gabi leaves with stalks (wilted or dried)
- 2 large coconuts, grated
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 kilo pork liempo, diced
- 1/4 cup hibe, soak in water then drain
- 4 pieces siling labuyo, chopped
- 1/2 cup alamang
- Peel the skin off the gabi stalks then cut into bit-size sections.
- Add warm water to grated coconut.
- Squeeze the water/coconut mixture to extract coconut cream or gata.
- Saute onion, garlic and ginger.
- Add in the gabi stalks, hibe, sili, and alamang.
- Put the mixture in the gabi leaves then roll them tightly.
- With the gabi leaves in a saucepan pour in the coconut cream.
- Serve when the gabi becomes tender.