- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chopped dates or any sweet preserve
- In a small pan, boil water.
- Combine the boiling water with the brown sugar to create a syrup. Let cool.
- Mix flour, egg and milk. Stir and blend to create dough.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic then add in the chopped sweets.
- Pour mixture into cake pan then steam for 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool then serve in thin slices with a tablespoon of syrup on top.