- 1 layer pastry dough
- 4 rashers bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- cooking oil
- Line a pie pan with the pastry; cut to fit.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the bacon to a crisp and break up into bacon bits.
- Sprinkle the bacon bits in the pie pan distributing it evenly on top of the pastry layer.
- Combine eggs, milk, nutmeg and pepper. Stir and blend.
- Pour the mix over the bacon in the pie pan.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Serve.