- 3 kilos rump roast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Ingredients for the Gravy
- 1/2 cup Red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make 8 small incisions around the roast. Place a sliver of garlic into each incision.
- Take a tablespoon or so of olive oil brush all around the roast.
- Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper.
- Place the roast in the oven and cook for half an our.
- Place a pan below the roast to catch the juices for the gravy.
- Turn the oven setting down to 225 degrees fahrenheit and slow cook the roast for 3 hours.
Cooking Instructions for the Gravy
- Heat the roast drippings in a pan.
- Add the red wine, cornstarch and beef stock to the drippings.
- Stir until thick.
- You can add a little butter if there is not a lot of fat in the drippings.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add pepper to taste.