- 1 turkey, giblets removed
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 4 carrots, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, cut into strips
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Place the rosemary and parsley inside the turkey.
- Brush olive oil all over the turkey.
- Season the turkey with salt and pepper.
- Place a dripping pan beneath the oven with the carrots, celery and onions in the dripping pan.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the turkey in the oven.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- Take out the dripping pan and add the broth.
- Loosely cover the turkey with foil.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast for 2 hours.
- Use the pan drippings for gravy.
- Serve the turkey and the vegetables.