Ingredients for bottom layer
- 1 cup canned whole corn kernels, drain
- 1 cup stringbeans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
Ingredients for middle layer
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1/2 kilo ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 can tomato sauce
Ingredients for top layer
- 2 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fill half of a saucepan with water and boil.
- Add vegetables and cookd for five minutes.
- Drain cooked vegetables and place in bottom of pan. Set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic in oil.
- Add ground beef and cook until beef is light brown.
- Add worcestershire sauce, seasonings, and tomato sauce and continue to cook.
- Pour the ground beef mixture over the vegetables in the pan.
- Spread the mash potatoes over the beef, flatten and form a solid layer.
- Brush the surface with butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.