Shrimp Battleship Sushi
- 125 g shrimp (cooked, salad style)
- 2 tablespoons kiwi fruits, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise (preferably Japanese)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 sheets nori, seaweed
- 2 cups cooked rice, seasoned with sushi vinegar seasoning (see #315511 Easy Sushi Rice)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- Mix the salad shrimp, kiwi fruit, mayonnaise and ginger in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut each sheet of nori into 1" wide ribbons, for a total of 12 ribbons.
- Mix 1 cup of water with the rice vinegar in a small bowl and set aside to use as hand vinegar, to rinse your hands and keep the rice from sticking to them.
- Dip your hands in the hand vinegar and take 1-2 tablespoons of the cooked rice in one hand.
- Mold it into a rectangular mound and 2 x 3/4 x 1 1/4" high.
- Wrap a nori ribbon around it, overlapping about 3/4" at the end. Glue it together with a grain of vinegared rice.
- Put a heaping teaspoon of the shrimp salad mixture on top.
- Serve with pickled ginger, soy sauce and wasabi.