- 12 large shrimps
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup ice water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Remove heads and shells from shrimps without removing tails.
- Devein the shrimps.
- Make two or three incisions in the stomach sides of the shrimps to straighten them.
- Lightly press the back of shrimps to straighten.
- Remove the dirt from the tails of shrimps, using a knife.
- Dry shrimps on paper towels.
- Make tempura batter.
- Heat the oil to 340F degree.
- Flour shrimps before frying. Dip the shrimps in the tempura batter.
- Fry the shrimps until crisp.