- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1/4 pound raw shelled shrimp, ground
- 1-1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Dash of pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- won-ton skins
- To make filling: Mix together ground pork, ground shrimp, soy sauce, rice wine or sherry, sesame oil, sugar, pepper and egg white until mixture is well blended and smoth.
- Stir in cornstarch.
- Place in a storage bag and cut one corner big enough for the content to squeeze through.
- Place about 1 tbsp or so of filling in the middle of wonton skin and gather the skin around the filling.
- Dip a teaspoon in water and use to smooth the surface of the meat.
- Garnish by placing a green pea or chopped egg yolk on top of meat.
- Repeat with the rest of the wonton/filling. Line a steamer with a damp cloth; steam over high heat 5 minutes or until done.
- Dip : soy sauce, kalamansi, chili garlic