- 500g spaghetti
- 4 tomatoes
- 200g lardons ot chopped bacon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 or 4 fresh basil leaves
- Salt & pepper
- Chili (fresh or powdered) to taste
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Peel and dice tomatoes, then saute in olive oil along with chopped garlic and onion. Add lardons.
- Once water is boiling, add pasta and cook according to instructions on packet.
- Stir tomato mixture regularly, cooking gently. Add chilli.
- Once pasta is tender, strain and place in serving dish.
- Add basil leaves to sauce at last minute, leave to simmer for a minute, then serve over pasta.