- 8 small tortillas
- 1 pound chicken breasts (just the white meat), cut in thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 Jalapeño or 2 Serrano Chili Peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup hot salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap corn or flour tortillas in foil.
- Place in oven.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt.
- In large saute pan over high heat, heat tablespoon of canola oil until hot.
- Saute chicken, stirringfrequently until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove to plate or bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium, heat remaining tablespoon of oil until hot.
- Cook onion until it starts to brown.
- Add bell pepper, garlic, cumin and minced chilies, and cook additional 2 minutes.
- Add salsa and cooked chicken to vegetable saute, and heat through.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve with warmed tortillas and toppings.