- 8 (4 1/2 ounce) boneless skinless chicken thighs, each cut into 4 pieces
- 3 red peppers, seeds removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 scallions, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 7 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 in piece ginger, finely grated
- 3 limes, finely grated zest only
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, pierced with the tip of a knife
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Create the marinade by combining all ingredients.
- Place the chicken and vegetables in the marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- Thread chicken and vegetables on skewers.
- Combine the terriyaki sauce and honey and brush the meat and vegetables with the mix.
- Cook the skewers in a barbecue grill, occassionally brushing with the honey mix. Serve.