Ingredients for the Yema
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 5 pieces eggyolk
- 1/3 cup mashed potato
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
Ingredients for the Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Cooking Instructions for the Yema
- Combine all ingredients and cook until mixture is thick.
- Set aside to cool.
- When cool begin shaping small candy sized pieces. The classic shape is little balls. the new shape is little pyramids. The right shape is whatever you want.
- Deep each shape into the syrup (see below) and allow to cool.
Cooking Instructions for the Syrup
- Blend sugar, water, and cream of tartar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil in a saucepan until caramel colored.